As a cookbook author, one goes through the editing process several times, editing the manuscript and seeing the same script again and again. Mistakes are bound to happen, and caught after the fact by either readers, or you as an author might see it yourself while making recipes from your cookbook.
I found quite a few misses in my cookbook and I am listing it here for all you users who have graciously purchased the cookbook and supported my dreams to own this cookbook, which has been a pure labor of love.
Here are the mistakes that I found and hope that when you make something from the cookbook, these corrections will help you get the best results.
- Pg. 79: Add a comment in the PRO TIPs: Refer to Page 159 for an Example Timeline to Prepare your Danish.
- Page 87: Sooji Dhokla – Step 7 : it should be — “ After 15 minutes” ; not after 30 minutes.
- Page 159: Add a comment at the bottom of the “Example Timeline to Prepare your Danish” — Refer to Page 76 for step by step pictures to achieve the laminated dough.
- Page 165: Step 5: Place it in the bottom rack of the oven
- Page 190: 1 cup (100 g) frozen peas (1 is missing)
- Page 184: Undhiyoo (Mixed Winter Vegetable Stew) add to understand
- Page 235: Frankie Patty 1 pound (460 g) potatoes ; should be 460 g not 60 g
- Page 240: Title of Candied Kumquats change to CANDIED KUMQUATS and KUMQUAT AND GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
- Page 242: To make the Candied Kumquats and Kumquat and Ginger Simple Syrup
- Page 242: Step 3. The syrup can also be used in the Kumquat and Ginger Caipirinha Cocktail (Page. 316)
- Page 250: Thandai Shortbread Cookies: Step 2 : Last point. “Refrigerate for 1 hour”; not 2 hours.
- Page 279: Chocolate Chip and Toasted Almond Cookies: it is 1 ⅔ cups (225 gms) bread flour. NOT 1 cup as mentioned.
- Page 289: Title should be Mini Maple Cookie Sandwiches with Pear and Chai Masala Buttercream (TOC title needs to be fixed as well)
- Page 305: Chocolate Fudge Frosting : 1 cup (227 g) whole milk, room temperature (1 is missing)
- Page 316 : 1 cup (150 g) crushed ice
- Page 384: Methi Laccha Thepla (Fenugreek Flatbread)
- Page 290: Changing the order of the steps and adding a few additional steps.
Step 5 : add a line at the end of the para…. Place the baking tray in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Step 6 : Change sentence to…. Meanwhile, repeat Step 5 with the remaining half of the dough and stamp out all the cookies and place them on a baking sheet. Remove the first baking sheet and place the second baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Step 7: Bake the first baking sheet in the middle of the oven until edges are golden, about 12-13 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Step 8: Repeat baking with the second baking sheet.
Step 9: Meanwhile, remove the dough from the fridge, roll it out on a floured surface, and stamp out more cookies with the maple leaf cookie cutter. Arrange cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat Step 7.
THANK YOU SO MUCH AS ALWAYS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR MY COOKBOOK! I COULD NOT BE MORE GRATEFUL!
LOVE AND SPICES