Rebecca of www.displacedhousewife.com and I are sharing 12 days sweet treats with YOU all! She is making 6 treats and so am I, so you can make these cookies/treats for your loved ones and make your own little cookie boxes! Today she is sharing her Burnt Sugar Muscovado Truffles .These truffles are made with burnt sugar and muscavado and I love how Rebecca describes these truffles, and having them while sipping champagne! 🙂 Perfect treats for the holidays!
This is part of the 12 Days of Sweet Treats (#12DaysofSweetTreats) that I’m doing with Rebecca, see below for all of our holiday sweet treats so far…
12 Days of Sweet Treats (so far!) with the wonderful Rebecca!(@displacedhousewife/ www.displacedhousewife.com)
- Burnt Sugar Muscovado Truffles
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies with Bailey’s Buttercream
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Hazelnut Linzer Cookie With A Cocoa Hazelnut Praline Buttercream
- Dulce De Leche Baci Kisses
- Thandai Thumbprint Cookies with Pear and Spice Jam Buttercream
For Sweet Treat#3, I love these cookies by itself! When I was recipe testing these Chocolate Gingerbread cookies, I could not stop eating a few atleast from each batch, especially when they were fresh out of the oven, and slightly cooled, and it gets a slight crust from the demerara sugar that the cookie dough was rolled in! I made similar Ginger Molasses Cookies last year, but this year I changed up the recipe to add cocoa powder in it, along with more baking soda, because I wanted them to be slightly flat so that it can form a nice sandwich cookie, and I added granulated sugar as well.
The cookie by itself is uber delicious! I love the candied bits of ginger in it, along with the chopped chocolate. The filling is a buttercream filling, flavored with Bailey’s Irish Cream, and it all works beautifully together! I used a 1M Wilton Tip to pipe pretty rosettes of buttercream on the cookie! It makes the outside of the sandwiched cookie as well, so pretty! I love how this cookie turned out and it would be a great addition to a cookie box for gifting and sharing with your friends and family!
Few tips to make these cookies:
- Cooling the dough in the fridge helps to make the balls properly.
- Make sure to roll it in sparkling sugar or demerara sugar to give the outer cookie a nice crunch.
- Use a 1 tbsp cookie dough scooper to get the perfect amount of dough to get even cookies
- Make sure to bang the pan once the pan is out of the oven, so that the cookies settle and flatten out a bit to make perfect sandwiches.
- I use a spatula to make all the cookies evenly round while they are hot out of the oven, by slightly nudging them where they may not be round or out of shape.
- Make sure all the buttercream ingredients are room temperature so that the buttercream does not sieze up.
I hope you get a chance to make these cookies! They are so decadent and make perfect gifts as well! If you do make them, please do not forget to tag @thejamlab on Instagram and/or leave a comment on this blog post!
Much love and on to the next treat! 😉