My husband and I love making cocktails come Friday! Mostly I love to use fresh fruit in my cocktails. Since blood oranges were in season these past couple of months, we were on a Paloma roll! This blog post is short, cause I just want to showcase the recipe mostly! It is a 5 minute recipe using fresh blood orange juice, lime juice, mescal or tequila, grapefruit soda and blood orange and rosemary simply syrup!
I made candied blood oranges a few times, and every time I make it, I get a beautiful blood orange and rosemary infused simple syrup from the candied blood oranges that I make, and that I keep in the fridge for my cocktails! No wastage at all!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and get a chance to make it with any other citrus since blood orange season is over now! I bet Tangelos would be fantastic in this drink! Happy almost weekend!!
- ¾ cup mezcal or tequila
- ¾ blood orange juice
- 4 tbsp blood orange and rosemary simple syrup(The syrup was the by product of making candied blood oranges – Recipe in the blog archives)
- 2 cans of grapefruit soda
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp Salt or sugar for the rim
- ½ cut lime
- Rosemary sprigs
- Put 4 glasses to chill in the freezer. In a pitcher, combine the mescal/tequila, blood orange juice, lime juice, simple syrup and stir.
- Remove the chilled glasses. Rub a lime around the rim. In a small dish, add the salt or sugar. Turn the glass upside down, and rub it against the salt or sugar to coat the entire rim with it.
- Now add 3-4 cubes of ice. Evenly distribute the cocktail mix in the 4 glasses. Top it off with the grapefruit soda evenly in all the glasses! Garnish with a rosemary sprig. Enjoy!