I love making fruity cocktails, especially jam cocktails! It is so fun to come up with a concoction, with the jams that I create, due to the herbs and spices that I use in the cocktails, imparting it the extra flavor and zing.
Peaches are not yet in season, and what better way to get peaches in your cocktail than using Yellow Peach and Mint Jam! Recently, my lovely friend Nydia from The Spanish Tin and I did a giveaway, with her spices and my jams and we were quite happy with the response! Nydia was giving away one of her Salud Spicy Cocktail Salts which has deep notes of nora chiles and sea salt, that I simply love! I came up with a recipe using her cocktail salt and my jam and which is the Yellow Peach and Mint Margarita! The yellow peach and mint jam is such a lovely bright orange color, and it imparts that beautifully peachy hue to the margarita!
The fruity, fresh and tangy margarita along with the spicy salt is the perfect punch for a Friday night cocktail!
I have penned down the recipe and is a must try! You will surely go for seconds! 🙂
Yellow Peach and Mint Margarita
- 1/4 cup Yellow Peach and Mint Jam
- 3 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz triple sec or Cointreau
- 5 oz tequila
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Lime slices for garnish
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Ice for the cocktail shaker
- 2 tbsp of Spicy Salud Cocktail Salt
- Splash of club soda
- In a small plate, add in the salt.
- Chill 2 glasses in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Remove them, coat the rim with a lime wedge and then invert the glass and rim the glass with the salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, add in about 1/2 cup ice, jam, tequila, cointreau, lime juice, mint leaves, agave nectar and shake vigorously for a minute.
- Pour in the 2 glasses and and add a splash of club soda to top it off. Garnish with a lime slice and 2 mint leaves!