This is my first blog post, and I am so thrilled and excited to announce the birth of my blog! It has been on my to-do list like million other things since more than a year, and finally I got myself to do some research and get my blog going. So far I have been posting recipes on my Facebook :: Jam Lab account, and I will be slowly moving them to my blog.
Funnily enough, I had started out with a blog in 2007, that I used to maintain as a diary for all my recipes. It is still there, and I am not going to reveal what it is called, cause it is pretty bad! haha 😉 I was always lazy to update it until now that I finally got myself motivated to get a new blog going.
So the first recipe that I am posting has to be a Jam related post ! 🙂 Spring is in the air, and my lemon tree has been flowering like crazy, and bearing a lot of fruit as well. There are probably a 100 lemons on my tree, though not all of them are ripe. But the lemons are extremely juicy and sour and delicious! So I decided to make Lemon Poppyseed Muffins with a swirl of my Mixed Berry and Vanilla Bean Jam in the batter, and each muffin has a tiny scoop of surprise in the middle – Lemon Curd! I used Traci’s (vanillaandbean.com) recipe which is spot on super delicious, creamy and tangy! I could simply eat it by the spoonful! I topped it off with some sliced almonds, and a blackberry for good measure!
It is the perfect spring recipe, one that you must make!
Lemon Poppyseed Berry Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark rye flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of zest
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of Jam Lab's Mixed Berry and Vanilla Bean Jam
- 3/4 cup of lemon curd ( I used vanillaandbean.com - Traci's recipe)
- 12 blackberries
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, and melted butter. Add in the eggs, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract, and poppy seeds until smooth and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all the flours, baking powder, salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup batter. Add a tablespoon of lemon curd right in the middle. Fill the muffin cup with 1/4 cup more of the batter. Swirl in about a teaspoonful of the jam. Do the same for all 12 muffin cups and smoothen the batter. Add a blackberry in the center.
- Sprinkle each muffin with sliced almonds.
- Place the pan in the oven and decrease the temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool the muffins for about 10 minutes. Now they are ready to eat!