Thanksgiving weekend is over, and am sure most of you must have had loads of food, family, fun, and laughter this weekend. Some shopping perhaps included in your time off. And now the festive season is officially bestowed upon us! I love this time of the year, love that there are lights everywhere, people everywhere, looking warm and cozy in their coats, and boots, and there is holiday music in the air! We were up in San Francisco for a day this past weekend, and my favorite part is seeing the beautiful tree lit in the Union Square as well as the skating rink, people having a good time, and looking cheerful. The lights were gorgeous as always, and the vibe was positive, and happy. It puts you in a good mood for sure!
My absolute favorite part about this season is baking, and spending quality time with my family. I really get into the mood to bake, and bake my heart out, cause come January I will be detoxing ! My kids love to bake with me, and it is fun to get them into the kitchen too. My second favorite part are the holiday drinks and cocktails, which are super fun to make in this season, and it is always fun when you have company to be able to share the drinks with.
Tis the season to give, SO I have partnered with WOLF GOURMET to give one of YOU, this beautiful sleek High Performance Blender from WOLF GOURMET! It is prized at $600 and one of the best blenders out there in the market! To read more about it visit the link here, and get the technical specifications!
I made a couple of soups in this blender such as butternut squash soup and spinach soup, and the smoothness is unparalleled. I have been making smoothies as well every morning, and I love how quickly it blends it all. There are fixed settings for Smoothies, Purees, Soups, Crushing Ice, and it has a fixed time as to how long it takes to blend it. I love this feature about the blender.
Since my mind is in a holiday mode, I decided to make a Cranberry-Raspberry Boozy Milkshake, that is so pretty to look at and super delicious too! It can be made vegan by adding almond milk and no whipped cream on the top, or you can use aquafaba to make the whipped cream if desired. I made it using fresh cranberries since they are in season, frozen raspberries, raspberry sorbet, sprinkle of star anise(cause it is the holidays!) dark rum, black raspberry liqueur(Chambord) and a splash of milk along with ice! Blend it all together, heavy whipped cream on the top and a sprinkle of star anise, and your Boozy Milkshake is ready within minutes! This milkshake can be made for kids without the booze, and it still tastes super delicious! My kids loved it when I made it for them and were asking for seconds!
You can enter the giveaway on my Instagram @thejamlab, and the Giveaway ends on 12/1. One lucky winner will be announced on 12/4. Be sure to enter it cause this is one awesome Giveaway!
Hope everyone is getting into the holiday mood just as I am! I have another giveaway coming up next week for all my followers/readers. This is indeed a fun month!
- Serves 2
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 large scoops of raspberry sorbet
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz dark rum
- 2 oz black raspberry liqueur such as Chambord
- 1/2 tsp star anise powder
- 1 cup ice
- For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- To make your heavy whipped cream first, whip the heavy cream in a medium bowl, vigorously with a whisk, whisking in the same direction to accommodate air into the heavy cream for about a minute and a half. Add in the extract and powdered sugar and whisk again, until it does not fall off the whisk and holds its shape.
- In the Wolf High Performance Blender, or any high speed blender, combine all the ingredients and blend for a minute, until it is smooth. Pour it into 2 glasses. You can either pipe heavy whipped cream using a pastry bag or a ziplock bag, OR simply spoon it on top of each glass. Sprinkle with some star anise powder and drink away!