Cocktails are fun, fun to make and they are fun to sip on, especially on a lovely summer evening! When we go to restaurants, and if I see a cocktail with elderflower liquer, it is almost always my first preference! I love the fragrance of elderflower and the gin smells amazing! I finally got a bottle of the St. Germain Elderflower Liquer and had to try my hand at a cocktail with my jam, liquer and gin!
Yellow peaches are in full swing now, and they are super sweet and tart at the same time, which make them perfect for making jams! Last year I had made a White Peach and Ginger Jam and I loved the Jam, but white peaches are sweeter in nature as compared to the yellow peaches. So this year I decided to switch it up and make Yellow Peach and Ginger Jam, and I am so in love with this jam! I used a mix of clingstone and freestone yellow peaches to make this jam. Clingstone peaches have the flesh sticking to the seed, whereas in the freestone peaches, the seeds comes off easily from the flesh. The combination together makes a delicious jam. It is available for sale on Etsy !
The ingredient list is fairly small, and the drink super easy to make! I used lime juice, jam, elderflower liquer, gin, ginger juice, ginger ale. Just put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker minus the ginger ale and shake away. Pour in a glass with an ice cube and a splash of ginger ale! Wasn’t that so easy?
Super delicious and so refreshing, and perfect for a summer evening! If you do make this drink, please don’t forget to tag #thejamlab in Instagram, and/or leave a comment in the blog post.
- Recipe adapted from The Little Epicurean:
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz elderflower liquer(St. Germain)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger juice(add 1/2 tsp if you dont want it spicy)
- 2-3 tbsp Jam Lab's Yellow Peach and Ginger Jam
- Splash of ginger ale
- Garnish: Peach slices
- Peel off the skin of a fresh ginger root. Grind it finely in a chopper. Strain it through a sieve thoroughly to squeeze off all the juice.
- In a cocktail shaker, with ice, add in all the ingredients, except the ginger ale and shake vigorously for a minute. Pour it into a glass, add a big ice cube, and a splash of ginger ale. Garnish with a peach slice and sip away!